8,000 years in the making…
We pick you up from Brighton train s tation and transport you through the Sussex countryside to Henry’s Mariani – a Georgian winery and museum. your Georgian guide will take you through the 8,000 year history of traditional georgian wine making. The winery produces clear, crisp white wines from qevery (large clay pots buried in the ground) for you to try. you will also try a range of Plumpton Estate wines too.
After Henry’s Mariani, we head to a country pub for a specially selected menu of locally sourced, seasonal produce.
After lunch we head to an award winning Sussex Vineyard for a vineyard and winery tour where you will learn about English wine production from grape to glass followed by a second tutored tasting On our way back to Brighton, we will stop off at the highest point in Sussex for 360 degree views of Sussex and down to the sea. A truly magical day out!
Maximum group numbers – 15
Duration – 9:15 – 17:00 (8 hrs) – This will vary slightly on individual tours.
Activity level – Low. stroll around the Station, vineyard and tour of the winery.
Frequency – Selected Thursdays and Saturdays. Check out our booking calendar for tour dates
Your tour will include:
- Convenient pick-up point from the Jury’s Inn Hotel Café at Brighton station
- Expert tour guide
- 30 minute scenic drive in our clean, modern minibus through the Sussex countryside into the Sussex wine region
- Small intimate groups with a maximum of 15
- Expert guided tour of Henry’s Marani
- Tutored tasting of Traditional Georgian wines
- Traditional English country pub lunch with specially selected menu of local produce
- Full vineyard and winery tour followed by a tutored tasting of English wines
- Variety of dates to choose from.