Our Vineyard & Cheesemaker tours are a favourite!
We transport you out into the Sussex countryside to High Weald Dairy Farm. Here you will be shown their cheese factory and shown how their cheeses are made followed by a tour of the cheese store where the cheeses are matured ready for tasting. After your tour the cheese maker will invite you into their tasting room where you will be given a tutored tasting of 6 cheeses.
Following your Cheese Tour, it’s off to our favourite country pub for a traditional charcuterie / ploughman’s lunch with fresh local seafood, salads, meats, cheeses, breads and chutneys. After lunch we head to a local Sussex vineyard for a full vineyard and winery tour where you will walk amongst the vines and learn about english wine production from grape to glass by the winemaker. This is followed by a tutored tasting of at least four award-winning wines. After your vineyard tour, we head to the highest viewpoint in sussex for 360 degree views of Sussex and the sea. The perfect day out!
Tour times – 10:00am – 17:30pm – 7.5hrs approx (times may change slightly on specific dates)
Tour Size – Maximum 14
Upcoming Vineyard & Cheesemaker Tour Dates:
Your tour will include
- Convenient pick-up point from the Jury’s Inn Hotel Café at Brighton station
- 30 minute scenic drive in our clean, modern minibus through the Sussex countryside into the Sussex wine region
- Small intimate groups with a maximum of 14
- Full vineyard and winery tour where you will learn about English wine making from grape to glass
- Traditional English country pub lunch with Charcuterie / ploughmans with salads, chutneys, fresh seafood, meats, breads and cheeses
- Tour of High Weald Dairy with a tutored tasting of 6 award winning cheeses
- Back to Brighton by 16:30pm