The Ultimate Flying Scotsman Experience
Travel in style in your own private carrage aboard this iconic Steam Locomotive
Flying Scotsman Experience
An exceptional experience on the most famous Steam train in the world
The Flying Scotsman Experience is our ultimate tour experience. For a very limited time, the Flying Scotsman will be visiting the Bluebell Railway and we have designed an incredible tour which will be limited to a very special few guests. We are excited to be working with the Bluebell Railway to bring you this exclusive experience.
What you can expect:
- Maximum group size: 18
- Pick-up from a location convenient to you across London and the South East.
- Private return transport to the Bluebell Railway
- Private reception area on the platform prior to boarding
- A journey lasting just under two hours through the stunning Sussex countryside in a private luxury coach pulled by the iconic Flying Scotsman
- Your private coach is the famous Great Northern Directors’ Saloon. The ultimate in vintage luxury!
- English Sparkling wine tasting and Canapés served on board
- Tea and coffee
Your private coach is the famous Great Northern Directors’ Saloon, one of the last
remaining privately owned coaches on the Bluebell Railway, lovingly restored and
maintained by the Howlden Trust. The coach accommodates 18 passengers in its two
luxuriously appointed saloons, one of which is laid out in lounge style, the other in a boardroom style which is easily adapted for a buffet service.
2022 Tour Dates:
Only available for 5 days between 25 – 29 August. This is a half-day experience lasting approximately 3 hours plus travel time.
There is a flat-rate for this tour of £4500 (£250 per person based on 18 guests).
Flying Scotsman Experience & Sussex Vineyard Tour with South African BBQ
We pick you up at a location convenient to you and transport you into the Sussex countryside for the ultimate day of trains, wine and food
Our first stop is the Bluebell Railway for our Flying Scotsman Experience as listed above.
After you have wined and dined on the Flying Scotsman, we head across Sussex to the stunning Mannings Heath Wine Estate. Here, guests will be invited to pair up and hop onto a golf buggy for a tour of the vineyard. As you ride through the vineyard, guests will be shown the life of a vine throughout the year and the secrets of English wine making. It’s then into the tasting room where guests will enjoy an extended tasting of wines from Mannings Heath’s South African estate. After your tasting, its onto the sun terrace for a stunning three-course BBQ overlooking the countryside. A truly magical and unforgettable experience.
Your tour will include:
- Pickup at location convenient to you
- Private luxury mini-coach
- Ultimate Flying Scotsman experience
- Private sparkling wine reception on the platform prior to boarding
- Journey lasting just under two hours through the stunning Sussex countryside in a private luxury coach pulled by the iconic Flying Scotsman. Your private coach is the famous Great Northern Directors’ Saloon. The ultimate in vintage luxury!
- Tea and coffee served onboard
- Golf buggy vineyard tour and BBQ at an award-winning Sussex Vineyard
- Expert guided Sussex vineyard tour on golf buggies where you will learn about English wine making from grape to glass
- 1x South African wine tasting
- Three course South African BBQ
- Wine tour guide with you for the day
- Vintage vehicle hire available
2022 Tour Dates:
Only available for 5 days between 25 – 29 August. This is a full-day tour lasting approximately 7 hours plus travel time.
There is a flat-rate for this tour of £7200 (£400 per person based on 18 guests).