We pick you up from Brighton Station and transport you through the Sussex countryside to Springs Smokery. Since 1964, Springs Smokery has been producing the finest smoked salmon, meats and cheeses in traditional oak-fueled kilns. You will be given a tour of the smokery and be shown the full processes of the smokery, including filleting, curing and smoking in traditional oak Klins. After your tour, we stay at springs for lunch – a taster menu of their finest produce paired with an English sparkling wine.
After Lunch it’s just a short drive to an award-winning Sussex vineyard for a vineyard and winery tour. Here you will be greeted by their expert guide and be taken on a tour of the vineyard, winery and bottling plant to lean how English sparkling wine is made from grape to glass. After your tour, you will be welcomed onto their sun terrace for a tutored tasting of four award-winning sparkling wines. On our way back to Brighton, we will stop off at the highest point in Sussex for 360 degree views of Sussex and down to the sea. A truly magical day out!
Maximum group numbers – 15
Duration – 11:00 – 18:00 (7 hrs) – This will vary slightly on individual tours.
Activity level – Low. stroll around the Station, vineyard and tour of the winery.
Frequency – selected Saturdays and weekdays from March – November
Your tour will include
- Convenient pick-up point from the Jury’s Inn Hotel Café at Brighton station
- Expert tour guide
- 30 minute scenic drive in our clean, modern minibus through the Sussex countryside into the Sussex wine region
- Small intimate groups with a maximum of 14
- Expert guided tour of Springs Smokery
- Lunch at Springs Included
- Full vineyard and winery tour followed by a tutored wine tasting
- Variety of dates to choose from.