Sussex Smokery & Vineyard Tour
Showcasing the best of Sussex’s artisan food & wine
Sussex Vineyard and Smokery Tour
A welcomed return of one of our most popular tours which encompasses the rich variety of artisan produce at the foot of the South Downs…
We start by picking you up from Brighton Station and transporting you through the Sussex countryside to an award-winning Sussex vineyard for a vineyard and winery tour. Here you will be greeted by their expert guide and be taken on a vineyard safari through the rolling fields of vines on their stunning estate, where you will learn about the vineyards rich history. This will be followed by a tour of the winery and bottling plant to lean how English sparkling wine is crafted, all the way from grape to glass. After your tour, you will enjoy a tutored tasting of four award-winning sparkling wines. After your morning vineyard tour, we head to Springs Smokery for a very special lunch. Since 1964, Springs Smokery has been producing the finest smoked salmon, meats and cheeses in traditional oak-fueled kilns. Your will enjoy a taster menu of their finest produce paired with a guest English wine followed by a tour of the smokery where you will discover springs rich history and their traditional smoking practices . After lunch we head to our second Sussex Vineyard for a tutored tasting of still and sparkling wines and opportunity to relax and enjoy the stunning surroundings. A truly magical day out and one for the food lovers!
Purchase this tour as a Gift Voucher
Maximum group numbers – 20
Duration – 9:30 – 17:00 (7.5hrs) – This will vary slightly on individual tours.
Activity level – Low. Stroll around the station, vineyard and tour of the winery and smokery.
Frequency – Fridays from April-November. Check out our booking calendar for tour dates
Your tour will include:
- Visit Two Sussex vineyards and Springs Smokery
- Lunch is included
- Guest English wine served for lunch
- Convenient pick-up point from the Jurys Inn Hotel Café at Brighton railway station.
- Expert tour guide.
- Short drive through the Sussex countryside into the Sussex wine region.
- Small intimate groups with a maximum of 15.
- Expert guided Sussex vineyard and winery tour.
- Lunch – taster menu of a selection of smoked fish, meats, cheeses, breads and salads paired with guest Sussex wine.
- Variety of dates to choose from.
- Available as a Gift Voucher