Bluebell Steam Railway & Vineyard Tour – Bluebell Railway & Bluebell Vineyard Estates
September 16 @ 9:30 am - 5:00 pm£97
Bluebell Steam Railway & Vineyard Tour
Bluebell Railway & Bluebell Vineyard Estates
Wednesday 16th September
We pick you up from Brighton Station and transport you through the Sussex countryside to the Bluebell Steam Railway. The set of countless film and TV dramas such as Downton Abbey, the Bluebell railway is the finest preserved steam railway in the UK. Step back in time as we drop you off at Sheffield Park Station where your expert guide will show you onto the platform and tell you the history of this famous historic railway. After your short tour of the station, your locomotive will arrive and you will be greeted into a historic carriage and take a an hour and a half journey through the Sussex countryside. Your guide will be with you to answer any questions, or you can just relax and enjoy the scenery. After you have returned to Sheffield Park, its a brief drive to our favourite country pub for a specially selected menu of local produce. After lunch, it’s just a five minute drive to Bluebell Vineyard Estates – here you will be greeted by their expert guide and be taken on a tour of the vineyard, winery and bottling plant to lean how English sparkling wine is made from grape to glass. After your tour, you will be welcomed onto their sun terrace for a tutored tasting of four award-winning sparkling wines. On our way back to Brighton, we will stop off at the highest point in Sussex for 360 degree views of Sussex and down to the sea. A truly magical day out!
Maximum group numbers – 15
Duration – 9:30 – 17:00 (8.5hrs) – This will vary slightly on individual tours.
Activity level – Low. stroll around the station, vineyard and tour of the winery.
Your Steam Railway & Vineyard Tour will include…
- Convenient pick-up point from the Jury’s Inn Hotel behind Brighton train station
- Expert tour guide
- 30 minute scenic drive in our clean, modern minibus through the Sussex countryside into the Sussex wine region
- Small intimate groups with a maximum of 15
- Expert guided tour of Bluebell Railway
- 1.5 hour train journey on a vintage steam train
- Traditional English country pub lunch with specially selected menu of local produce
- Full vineyard and winery tour followed by a tutored tasting of four sparkling wines
- Variety of dates to choose from.